Wild Waters LodgeLake Victoria / Nile River, Uganda
Mid-stream in the mighty river Nile, nestled in a rainforest on its own private island, Wild Waters Lodge is true to its name and one of a kind. The island is naturally covered by thick riverine forest, and the lodge itself is uniquely located on a solid rock peninsula, right amidst the Nile’s rapids.
- The ten traditionally thatched rooms are situated right in the forest and offer views of the Nile and its powerful rapids from your private deck.
- Enjoy the comfort on this island paradise, while listening to the Nile’s rapids and calls of the many bird species that call this area home.
- Take a plunge in the swimming pool which literally abuts the Nile river itself – giving you a real sense of adventure!
- If you feel more active, this is the ultimate location to enjoy one of the last wild areas of the entire Nile. The Wild Waters Reserve, a group of mid-stream islands in the Nile, are mostly widely recognised as the home for whitewater rafting.
- The islands are also home to river otters, giant monitor lizards and hundreds of species of birds. The lodge is the centerpiece for a conservation initiative aimed at protecting this pristine riverine environment.