Kaya MawaLake Malawi, Malawi
Located on the south-western tip of Likoma Island in the far north-east of Lake Malawi, close to Mozambique. Beside it being one of the most romantic places on the African continent, we love Kaya Mawa because:
- With no machinery available on the island, Kaya Mawa was built entirely by hand, in partnership with the local community
- Ten stone and teak-framed thatched cottages – including two family cottages and one honeymoon chalet – each one unique, has a panoramic view of the lake and private terraces with direct access to the water
- Wonderful, romantic ambience. Excellent service and food.
- Snorkelling! Lake Malawi, the third largest water body in Africa and home to the colourful, edenmic fresh water fish species called cichlids
- PADI accredited dives are also available (at additional cost)
- Cultural visits to the local village and cathedral are available