Greystoke MahaleMahale Mountains National Park, Tanzania
Often regarded as the most beautiful and special places anyone has ever been to! Definitely off the ‘beaten path’ – but nicely combined with Katavi National Park in Tanzania – and scores high marks all around.
Reasons why we love this place:
- You have to really want to get here, off the grid and limited flights but it’s well worth it! Exclusive – only 6 wood/thatch bandas – and remote.
- White sand beach, crystal clear (fresh) water, peace and relaxation, seemingly limitless warm sunshine, great food, outstanding yet laid back service
- Chimpanzees – the show stealer!
- Two seasons:
- Dry season (June – October): warmer temps, hazy skies, chimps are ususally found in the lower slopes
- Green season (November – March): slightly cooler temps, sporadic rains and passing storms
- Closed every year typically between 26 March to 30 May (please note: these dates may vary)