Bisate LodgeVolcanoes National Park, Rwanda
With dramatic views of the Bisoke and Karisimbi volcanoes, Bisate Lodge is located adjacent to Volcanoes National Park. The lodge is situated within easy driving distance of the park’s entrance, from where gorilla treks depart daily. Encountering one of the local gorilla groups is an absolute unique experience.
- The location provides an ideal base for your gorilla trekking.
- Rwanda’s first genuinely luxurious and eco-sensitive safari camp.
- The contemporary and welcoming design of the six elegant en-suite forest villas, offers a personal, intimate atmosphere.
- Dedicated to sustainable conservation, including a tree-planting and reforestation programme and visits to the Karisoke Research Centre. Established in 1967 by Dian Fossey, this was the location for her famous 18-year study of the Mountain Gorilla.
- Although Bisate is all about Mountain Gorilla trekking, other activities include guided nature walks, hikes to the nearby lakes and caves, visits to local neighbourhoods and birding; of the 178 bird species in the area, at least 13 are endemic to the Virunga area.